I consider my back yard a really big part of my life. It is an essential part of my family and the way we live. It represents who we are in a number of different ways. Not only does it represent the children’s interests and hobbies that change with their growth but also a place where I know my things such as my boat and tools will be secure and looked after.
Entries for the 2012 search for Australia’s best backyard have now closed
Thanks to everybody that entered by sharing their own backyard or voting for the backyards of friends or family.
Congratulations again to the winners, who received a STIHL Product Pack worth more than $2,200, plus a traditional Australia Day BBQ in their backyard along with 20 of their friends and family, hosted by STIHL and attended by a Backyard Hero:
- Matthew Costa, One Tree Hill (South Australia)
- Trish Jones, Ipswich (Queensland)
- Michael Bailey, Narre Warren (Victoria)
- Francie Andrews, Trigg (Western Australia)
- Amanda Ting, Woronora (New South Wales)
- David Richards, Wandin North (Victoria) - People’s Choice Award
Watch this space for details of the 2013 competition.